CSTA’s Annual Meeting Taking Place at a Crucial Time for the Industry2 months ago -
From July 8-11, the Canadian Seed Trade Association will hold its 2018 annual meeting at Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel in downtown Montreal, Quebec. A full four days of productive meetings and exciting social events are planned, including the Family Fun Night and Gala Dinner.
But amid the usual fun and socializing will be some important discussions surrounding the future of the Canadian seed trade.
According to CSTA President Dan Wright, in addition to CSTA’s work on the national and international level to facilitate the trade of seed, some specific projects attendees can expect to take part in include:
- Seed Synergy discussions — Much discussion has been had and progress made over the past several months. Don’t miss this chance to receive important updates and talk about a next-generation seed regulatory system for the country at this joint session with the Seed Synergy partners.
- Value creation — two important models have been proposed for value creation in cereals, and insight will be offered into how the models might work and what the potential benefits might be.
Also, another Women in CSTA session will take place, recognizing the important work being done by women in ag and how our sector can facilitate more of it.
Committee sessions will look to expand on important work in areas such as government regulations on neonicotinoids, plant breeding innovation, pollinator health, intellectual property protection and international phytosanitary standards.
CSTA will also be honouring three important people this year at its annual awards luncheon:
- Dr. Igor Falak, Canadian Plant Breeding and Genetics
- Stephen Yarrow, CSTA Seed Achievement
- Ron Weik, CSTA Honourary Life Membership
An exciting companion program and children’s program is offered as well. The conference hotel is located centrally, just steps away from the popular shopping district on Saint Catherine’s Street, as well as many fine dining restaurants that are known to the Montreal area.
For more information and to register, visit seedinnovation.ca/annual-meeting-2018/.