New Report: Independent Crop Advisor Feedback1 year ago -
Stratus Ag Research recently released the 2018 Canadian Independent Crop Advisor Feedback Report. Designed to measure the expectations for and the effectiveness of seed and crop protection manufacturer engagements with independent crop advisors. The report is a road map for companies to engage with independent agronomists in a meaningful way.
A few of the highlights from the report are included below:
- Independent crop advisors support companies with products that perform as promised; it is also important that companies stand behind the products they sell.
- It is important to keep independent crop advisors informed. If they do not know about new products or changes to existing ones, they cannot communicate them to the growers they are working with.
- Independent crop advisors say that one of the most useful resources that manufacturers can provide is access to agronomic experts. Many independent advisors would also like to have access to more detailed product information.
- Independent advisors focus on agronomics first. While many advisors factor in the costs after rebates for each grower, some feel that programs encourage poor agronomic decisions.
- About 60% of independent crop advisors reported that they use field data management software to support their growers. Software is mostly being used for tracking product applications, recording scouting activities and recording recommendations made.
The report illustrates the performance of seed and crop protection manufacturers as viewed by independent crop advisors for: company support, sales force performance, support activities, and use of field data management software.
The Canadian Independent Crop Advisor Feedback report delivers actionable insights that clients can use to:
- Identify ways to improve independent crop advisor support for their company.
- Evaluate type, frequency, and expectations for sales force interactions with independent crop advisors.
- Evaluate/Implement activities and tools that support independent crop advisors.
- Evaluate the use of Digital Ag Platforms and how they are used to support crop protection and seed recommendations.
Source: Stratus Ag Research