Alberta Gov. Forms “Champions of Agriculture” Committee3 weeks ago -
The Alberta government has made an industry advisory committee to act as Champions of Agriculture, the government says in a release on May 5.
The group will meet regularly and provide Alberta Agriculture and Forestry with strategic advice and recommendations on emerging issues and priorities related to consumer confidence, the release says.
“These Champions of Agriculture will help break down myths and misunderstandings of our sustainable agriculture practices and highlight how Alberta leads on a global stage to feed people around the world,” Devin Dreeshen, Alberta minister of agriculture and forestry, says in the release.
Members of the committee include:
- Jill Harvie – committee co-chair and owner/operator of Harvie Ranching
- Nichole Neubauer – committee co-chair and owner/operator of Neubauer Farms
- Allison Ammeter – chair of the Plant Protein Alliance of Alberta and a farmer
- David Collwell – president and CEO of JBS Foods Canada
- Jeff Fitzpatrick-Stilwell – sustainability and agriculture lead with McDonald’s Canada
- Bob Lowe – president of the Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Jean-Marc Ruest – senior vice-president and corporate affairs and general counsel with Richardson International Limited
- John Simpson – chair of the CANA group of companies and owner/operator of Simpson Ranching
- Baljit Singh – dean of the faculty of veterinary medicine at the University of Calgary
- Gary Stanford – grain farmer and past-chair of the Alberta Wheat Commission